Star Tron Lubricants - Marine High Performance SAE 90
Lower Unit Gear Lube – Synthetic Blend
Star Tron Lubricants HIGH PERFORMANCE SAE 90 Lower Unit Gear Lube is specifically engineered to protect lower units and sterndrives in both fresh and saltwater marine environments and extreme operating conditions.
Marine-Grade Wear Protection
Extreme Pressure (EP) additives protect hypoid gears during fast acceleration and under heavy loads, mitigating shock loads and reducing excessive wear.
Long-Lasting Rust & Corrosion Barrier
Prevents rust and corrosion formation in between use and during short- and long-term or winter storage.
Marine Environment Ready
Designed specifically to operate even in the presence of water intrusion, unlike many automotive gear lubes.
- Marine-Grade, Lower Unit Gear Lube
- Recommended for use in these applications: API GL-4, GL-5, API MT-1, SAE J-2360, MACK GO-J
- Compatible with most gear lubes
- Also approved for use in applications requiring 80W-90
- Will not void Engine Manufacturer's Warranty
Refer to Owner’s Manual for proper flushing and filling procedures. If none available:
1. Remove upper and lower unit gear case plugs to drain old lube.
2. Install fill tube (sold separately) into lower hole.
3. Slowly refill with new fluid until lubricant appears at upper hole.
4. Replace upper plug before removing fill tube from lower hole.
5. Remove fill tube and reinstall lower plug.
6. Tighten all plugs securely.